BSPTS-Rigo Concept Teachers' Research Publications
- Adult patient perceptions on the effectiveness of scoliosis specific exercises. Sbihli, Tudini, Chui. Research Into Spinal Deformities, IOS Press, 2021.
- Scoliosis Research Society members attitudes towards physical therapy and physiotherapeutic scoliosis specific exercises for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Marti, C et al. Scoliosis and Spine Disorders, 2015. 10(16)
- The Chêneau concept of bracing–biomechanical aspects. Rigo M, Weiss HR. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2008; 135:303-19.
- Biomechanics of specific exercises to correct scoliosis in 3D. Rigo M., Puigdevall N., Corvella C., Gil MJ, Martinex S., Villagrasa M. Pediatric Rehabilitation, 2004; 7(1):51-64.
- Radiological and cosmetic improvement 2 years after brace weaning—a case report. Rigo,M. Pediatric Rehabilitation, 2003; 6(3): 1–5
- Effect of conservative management on the prevalence of surgery in patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Rigo M. Reiter C. and Weiss H. Pediatric Rehabilitation, 2003; 6(3–4): 209–214.
- Effect of exclusive employment of physiotherapy in patients with idiopathic scoliosis. Rigo, M. Proceedings book of the 11th International Congress of the World Confederation of Physical therapy, 1991: 1319-1321.
Scoliosis Industry Publications
- The effectiveness of Schroth exercises in adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Burger et al. South African Journal of Physiotherapy. 2019. (ISSN: online 2410-8219, print 0379-6175)
- Effects of spinal mobilization techniques in the management of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis- a meta-analysis. Farooqui, Sumaira et al. International Journal of Health Science Vol 12, Issue 6 (Nov-Dec) 2018.
- Effectiveness of Schroth exercises during bracing in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: results from a preliminary study—SOSORT Award 2017 Winner.Kwan KYH, Cheng ACS, Koh HY, Chiu AYY, Cheung KMC. Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders. 2017;12:32. doi:10.1186/s13013-017-0139-6
- Effects of corrective, therapeutic exercise techniques on adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. A systematic review. Laita, Luis et al. Arch Argent Pediatr, 2018; 116(4):e582-e589 / e582.
- Effect of core-based exercise in people with scoliosis; a systematic review and meta-analysis. Li, Xin et al. Clinical Rehabilitation, Dec 2020. https://doi.org/10.1177/0269215520975105
- Effects of the Schroth exercise on idiopathic scoliosis: a meta-analysis. Park, Joo-Hee et al. European Journal of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, 2018. June; 54(3):440-9.
- How much change in the Cobb angle is needed for the patients to observe positive change in their backs following a Schroth intervention? "SOSORT 2018 Award Winner". 7. Schreiber S, Parent E, Hill H., Hedden D, Moreau M, Southon S.BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders (2019) 20:319 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12891-019-2695-9.
- Schroth Physiotherapeutic Scoliosis-Specific Exercises for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis: How Many Patients Require Treatment to Prevent One Deterioration? – Results from A Randomized Controlled Trial “SOSORT 2017 Award Winner”. Schreiber S, Parent EC, Doug L Hill; Douglas M Hedden; Marc Moreau; Sarah C Southon Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders (2017) 12:26 DOI 10.1186/s13013-017-0137-8
- Schroth Physiotherapeutic Scoliosis-Specific Exercises Added to the Standard of Care Lead to Better Cobb Angle Outcomes in Adolescents with Idiopathic Scoliosis – an Assessor and Statistician Blinded Randomized Controlled Trial. Schreiber S, Parent EC, Khodayari Moez E, Hedden DM, Hill DL, Moreau M, et al. (2016) PLoS ONE 11(12): e0168746. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0168746
- Physical Therapy Scoliosis-Specific Exercises May Reduce Curve Progression in Mild Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis Curves. Randomized controlled trials on the effect of Schroth: 2019 Zapata KA1, Sucato DJ, Jo CH. Pediatr Phys Ther. Jul;31(3):280-285.
- The efficacy of three-dimensional Schroth exercises in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: a randomised controlled clinical trial. Kuru T, Yeldan İ, Dereli EE, Özdinçler AR, Dikici F, Çolak İ. Clin Rehabil. 2016 Feb;30(2):181–90
- Active self-correction and task-oriented exercises reduce spinal deformity and improve quality of life in subjects with mild adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Results of a randomised controlled trial. Monticone, M, Ambrosini, E, Cazzaniga, D, Rocca, B, Ferrante, S. European Spine Journal Eur Spine, 2014:1204–1214.
- The effect of Schroth exercises added to the standard of care on the quality of life and muscle endurance in adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis—an assessor and statistician blinded randomized controlled trial: “SOSORT 2015 Award Winner.” Schreiber S, Parent EC, Moez EK, et al. Scoliosis. 2015;10(1):24. doi:10.1186/s13013-015-0048-5.
- Active Treatment for Idiopathic Adolescent Scoliosis: a feasibility study. Williams, Mark et al. Health and Technology, 2015. Vol 19, no. 55.
- Severe Progressive scoliosis in an adult female possibly secondary to thoracic surgery in childhood treated with scoliosis specific Schroth physiotherapy: Case presentation. Lebel, A and Lebel, V. Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders 2016, 11(2):41.
- Physiotherapy scoliosis-specific exercises- a comprehensive review of seven major schools. Berdishevsky, H. et al. Scoliosis and Spine Disorders 2016, 11(20).
- SEAS (Scientific Exercises Approach to Scoliosis): a modern and effective evidence based approach to physiotherapeutic specific scoliosis exercises. Romano, M. et al. Scoliosis 2015, 10:3.
- End of growth results of exercise treatment to avoid bracing in adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis: a prospective cohort controlled study. Negrini et al. Scoliosis 2014 9(1). Oral report.
- Scoliosis-Specific exercises can reduce the progression of severe curves in adult idiopathic scoliosis: a long-term cohort study. Negrini A, Negrini MG, Donzelli S, Romano M, Zaina F, Negrini S. Scoliosis. 2015 Jul 11;10:20.
- Effects of novel corrective spinal technique on adolescent idiopathic scoliosis as assessed by radiographic imaging. Noh DK, You JS-H, Koh J-H, Kim H, Kim D, Ko-S-M, J Back et al. Muscuoloskelet Rehabil. 2014;27:331-8
- Spinal Stabilization Exercise Effectiveness for Low Back Pain in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis: A Randomized Trial. Zapata KA, Wang-Price SS, Sucato DJ, Thompson M, Trudelle-Jackson E, Lovelace-Chandler V. Pediatr Phys Ther. 2015 Winter;27(4):396-402
- Physiotherapeutic scoliosis-specific exercises for adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis. Bettany-Saltikov J, Parent E, Romano M, Villagrasa M, Negrini S. Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2014; 50(1):111-21.
- 2011 SOSORT guidelines: Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation treatment of idiopathic scoliosis during growth. Negrini S1, Aulisa AG, Aulisa L, Circo AB, de Mauroy JC, Durmala J, Grivas TB, Knott P, Kotwicki T, Maruyama T, Minozzi S, O'Brien JP, Papadopoulos D, Rigo M, Rivard CH, Romano M, Wynne JH, Villagrasa M, Weiss HR, Zaina F.Scoliosis, 2012 Jan 20;7(1):3. doi: 10.1186/1748-7161-7-3.
- Effect of a preoperative protocol of aerobic physical therapy on the quality of life of patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis as assessed by radiographic imaging. Dos Santos, Alves VL, Alves da Silva RJAL, Avanzi O. Back Musculoskelet Rehabil. 2014;27:331-8.
- The effect of an exercise program on vial capacity and rib mobility in patient with idiopathic scoliosis. Weiss, HR. Spine. 1991; 16:88-93.
- The impact of Schroth’s rehabilitation program on the self concept of patients with scoliosis. Weiss, HR and Cherdron, J. Rehabilitation. 1994; 33:31-34.
- Preliminary results and worst case analysis of inpatient scoliosis rehabilitation. Weiss et al. Pediatric Rehabilitation. 1997; 1:35-40.
- The use of exercises in the treatment of scoliosis: an evidence-based critical review of the literature. Hawes, M. Pediatric Rehabilitation. 2003; 6:3-4,171-182.
- The effectiveness of Schroth 3- dimensional therapy in the treatment of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Otman S., Nezire K, and Yavuz Y. Saudi Med J, 2005; 26 (9): 1429-1435.
- Physical exercises in the treatment of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: An updated systematic review. Fusco, Zaina F, Atanasio G, Negrini S et al. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice, 2011; 27(1): 80-114.
- 2011 SOSORT guidelines: Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Treatment of Idiopathic scoliosis during growth. Negrini et al. Scoliosis, 2012;7:3.
- Biomechanical spinal growth modulation and progressive adolescent scoliosis–a test of the ‘vicious cycle’ pathogenetic hypothesis. Stokes, I. Scoliosis 2006, 1:16doi:10.1186/1748-7161-1-16
- Analysis and simulation of progressive adolescent scoliosis by biomechanical growth modulation. Stokes, I. Eur Spine J (2007) 16:1621–1628.
- The prediction of curve progression in untreated idiopathic scoliosis during growth. Lonstein JE, Carlson JM. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1984; 66(7):1061-71.